Wednesday, April 18, 2012

FANCY A HAUNTED DOLL? IT’S A BARGAIN AT $44.99


Woooo, wooooo. That’s not the sound of a ghost, that’s just the letters ‘w’ and ‘o’ getting stuck on my keyboard. If you do want a ghost though, you can grab yourself a bargain on ebay, as top-rated seller ‘EnchantedSpells’ is currently selling one. In a doll. 

Little Annie. She loves to watch you sleep

Its unique selling point is that it’s possessed by the soul of a little girl named Annie. So if your other half is always harping on about the fact you never buy them anything romantic or thoughtful, now’s your chance. After all, who wouldn’t want to own Annie? The seller says you may wake up and find her sitting on your bed watching you sleep (allegedly this is the inspiration behind Aerosmith’s ‘I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing’).  She’s also been spotted levitating across the bedroom and loves to sing – a bit like Susan Boyle, then. 

This priceless $44.99 heirloom has been in the seller’s family for years, and she would frequently talk to the doll when she was a child. The seller’s mum would have to cook up extra food for Annie and buy her chocolate too, so she didn’t feel left out. Yeah, we’ve all used that excuse haven’t we. Last week, I told my mum that she needed to pop into Thorntons to pick up a box of chocolates for Magic Marvin, my invisible friend.

But if dolls aren’t your thing, whaddaya know, Enchanted Spells has other haunted items for sale too. I’m 39 and I’ve never seen a ghost, but in 10 minutes of browsing ebay, I’ve become a believer. How about a Haunted Astral Time Travel ‘Lucky Number’ Spelled Pendant? 

Cher has never owned one of these

Have you ever needed to slow time down??? Or speed it up??? asks Enchanted Spells. Yes, I have wanted to speed it up – especially trawling through your array of ebay tat.
Have you ever wanted to travel through time to another dimention??? No, but I have wanted to go to another dimension. 
Have you ever wanted to go back in time? No, but Cher wants to, maybe you should contact her.
Are you ready for wealth and fame??? Hell, yes – I’d love to win a tenner on the scratch cards.
Would you like riches, money, monetary items??? Yes, all those please.

Unfortunately, Enchanted Spells doesn’t promise any of these things, she just asks you a whole bunch of questions – a bit like a first date with a wiccan. 

Anyway, I’ve decided to buy Annie, but not before I get a response to my question ...

Hi there,
I'm not keen on the name Annie. Do you think she would object if I changed her name to Katie (after Katie Price)? If I mumble, it sounds similar.

1 comment: